We are happy that the feedback we have been getting is so positive. It seems some travellers are much more demanding. Below are some actual complaints received by Thomas Cook. I'm sure some of you will already have seen some (or all) of these on Facebook, but I thought they deserved another airing ....
1. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."
2. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."
3. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish." (don't worry here they are also Catalan!)
4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."
(beach towels are always available at TdM)
5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room." (yes - the beaches in VnG are very sandy)
6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."
7. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallartato close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned." (most shops in VnG will take a siesta, but they will be open to around 9 or 9.30).
8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared." (It's the children that scare mE
9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers." (Therre is at TdM- a gift from Pauline)
10. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."
11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."
12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."
13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."
14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."
15. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners." (Plenty of Catalans in VnG)
16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."
17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."
18. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."
(There may well be mosquitos!, but the chemist is right on the corner)
19. "My fiancée and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked." (There's a cehmist on the corner!)